By continuing to use this website, you agree with our
Cookie Policy
Confirm
RU
EN
Main Page
Download
Addons
Forum
Blog
Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
News:
AIMP6
AIMP Forum
»
AIMP for PC
»
Questions
(Moderator:
Tarik
) »
convert *.AOB files
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: How to play / convert *.AOB files (Read 211 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
How to play / convert *.AOB files
«
on:
September 20, 2026, 13:29:04 »
Dimon911
Любопытный
Posts: 36
Карма: +1/-0
Hi,
I found in my files some old *.ISO I tried to play it with enabled decoder with AIMP, no chance.
So I mounted it, it is an DVD with no video but with audio files inside of AUDIO_TS folder, those files have *.AOB format (Video on DVD has *.VOB).
There is no decoder for AIMP that can decode this files. The files are ~1GB large typical for DVD. I can play it with MPC.
Inside of those *.AOB's is an direct PCM (PCM_dvda) Stream with 6Ch 24bit 48kHz according to LAV Audio Decoder (0.83.0.1 -git) info
Read more...
Audio
AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {AFBC2343-3DCB-4047-9655-E1E62A61B1C5}
formattype: Unknown GUID Name {35189950-CAC9-4C8D-819D-B6FAEE15DD9D}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 256000
cbFormat: 24
WAVEFORMATEXFFMPEG:
nCodecId: 0x10025
WAVEFORMATEX:
wFormatTag: 0x0000
nChannels: 6
nSamplesPerSec: 48000
nAvgBytesPerSec: 864000
nBlockAlign: 24
wBitsPerSample: 24
cbSize: 0 (extra bytes)
If I disable .*lpcm or *.pcm formats of LAV it switches from external to internal (of MPC) filter type. So this change has an impact. BUT!
Rather pcm or lpcm are supported by AIMP, at least my search give no results.
Also I tried to rename the file endings to possible pcm alternative, no success.
My final goal is to transform from this strange format to multichannel FLAC.
Thanks
«
Last Edit: September 20, 2026, 18:53:30 by Soolo
»
Logged
Re: How to play / convert *.AOB files
«
Reply #1 on:
September 20, 2026, 15:54:07 »
Artem
Администратор
Эксперт
Posts: 21598
Карма: +3227/-78
AIMP cannot play this. Only SACD and Data ISO supported
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
AIMP Forum
»
AIMP for PC
»
Questions
(Moderator:
Tarik
) »
convert *.AOB files