AIMP Forum

AIMP for Android => Вопросы / Questions => Topic started by: x90125 on September 26, 2026, 09:12:22

Title: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: x90125 on September 26, 2026, 09:12:22
Hi all.

I discovered a bug with the shuffle function in AIMP Android v4.31.1747 (10.09.2026). I run Android 15 btw.

Before my files were named 'AA0000 <singer> = <title>.mp3'
Where "AA" was a category and "0000" was a sequential counter.
I have almost 4.000 files in the Internal memory of my phone.

I have since stopped using numbering.
My files are now 'AA<singer> = <title>.mp3' and I renamed them all as such.

I want a subset of all my tracks in a single playlist (they have "_&" at the end).
I put those in a single playlist. Whenever I use shuffle, some files still play but still appear as the old name (with the numbering). The effect appears to affect some files randomly.

Troubleshooting:

- Checked that no physical file still contain the old names
- Deleted and re-created the playlist
- Rebuilt the database
- Uninstalled (cleared storage) and reinstalled AIMP
- Installed  latest Beta v4.50.1811 (10.09.2026) but it didn't fix the problem  :(

None of those steps fixed the problem.

What's weird is that if I play the numbers sequentially in the playlist, everything is fine. When shuffle is on, some file revert to their old names (but only in AIMP). So where is AIMP getting those from if the old names no longer exist?

I'd like to know why this is happening and how to fix it.
I would be happy to submit a log to Artem if that helps.

Thanks.

M.T.
Title: Re: Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: Artem on September 26, 2026, 09:25:10
Installed  latest Beta v4.50.1811 (10.09.2026) but it didn't fix the problem 

So, So where does the player get these old names from? Especially if they are physically renamed? Could it be that the old name is written in the file tags?
Title: Re: Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: x90125 on September 26, 2026, 12:56:12
Hi Artem,

I always strip all tags from the MP3's.
Checked again to be sure -- no tags found. So that's not it.

Also, if there were remaining tags, this would also happen when I play the playlist sequentially.
Problem only occurs when shuffle is on.

It's not a huge problem because those files still play... but it's annoying.


M.T.
Title: Re: Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: Artem on September 28, 2026, 09:24:36
Problem only occurs when shuffle is on.

How do you turn it on?
Title: Re: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: x90125 on September 29, 2026, 12:04:58
I open the = menu, tap the nane of the  playlist, tap the song info (center bottom),
and tap the double arrow shuffle icon.

Is that wrong?

M.T.
Title: Re: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: Artem on September 29, 2026, 12:14:46
I open the = menu, tap the nane of the  playlist, tap the song info (center bottom),
and tap the double arrow shuffle icon.

Is that wrong?

M.T.

Is it the playlist? Or you talking about "My Music" page? If so, ensure that Music Library's index is up-to-date.
Title: Re: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: x90125 on September 29, 2026, 18:33:11
I'll show you.
See attachments

First I tap on playlist
Then on any song
Once it starts playing I make sure the shuffle icon is on.

PS: And yes, I always use the update function.

M.T.
Title: Re: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: Artem on September 30, 2026, 08:59:28
No, it’s not a music library, it’s a playlist. I understand, you’re calling the command from the context menu? Did you "Find missplaced files" (or re‑add the files to the playlist) after you renamed them?
Title: Re: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: x90125 on September 30, 2026, 17:25:40
When I find numbers with wrong names, I delete them and add them again later from my computer.
But I don't think that fixes the problem...

Could this be a bug in the program?

M.T.
Title: Re: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: Artem on September 30, 2026, 19:54:13
When I find numbers with wrong names, I delete them and add them again later from my computer.
But I don't think that fixes the problem...

Could this be a bug in the program?

M.T.

Have you recreated the playlist?
Title: Re: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: x90125 on October 01, 2026, 07:31:46
Many times.
Notice the name - MEGA6
Title: Re: [?] Shuffle in playlist reverts to old file names
Post by: Artem on October 01, 2026, 09:42:17
Can you record a small video that illustrates your actions that lead to the issue? I've no idea what happens here