AIMP Forum

AIMP for Android => Ошибки и замечания / Bugs => Topic started by: bx0zkMGiSxfaVyBkZBSx on August 21, 2026, 10:23:22

Title: [x] [1740] A problem with how the "file information" option displays in AIMP
Post by: bx0zkMGiSxfaVyBkZBSx on August 21, 2026, 10:23:22
Thank you for this brilliant app!

A big upgrade from the previous music player I was using, Hiby. AIMP has bookmarks, I'm able to skip forward and backwards, and can speed up the playback of podcasts. Most importantly, this was the only music player I found that allowed me to program all the button pushes on my headphones exactly in the way I wanted.

Thank you again.

There is one small issue that I have. The "file information" option. On almost every podcast that has an entry in this field, the information that is shown is a mix of what looks like Mandarin, Hebrew and emojis. It should be in English. If I open the same mp3 file in the Omnia music player, the file information displays perfectly. There is only one podcast that I listen to where the file information displays correctly. I have posted some images below.

Perhaps you can tell me if I am doing something wrong, or what I might change to get the file information to display correctly, or if it is simply a bug in the software?

It's not a big thing, but it may be there is an easy solution for me; or that for you, it is something you're not aware of and would like to know about.

Thanks once more for the brillaint app!

This is a link to the podcast that will NOT display the file information in AIMP correctly.
https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/the-rest-is-science/6570040 (https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/the-rest-is-science/6570040)

This is a link to the podcast that WILL display the file information correctly in AIMP.
https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/the-skeptics-guide-to-the-universe/2085636 (https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/the-skeptics-guide-to-the-universe/2085636)

I had a quick look around the forum, but could not see anything similar to my issue. I have updated the app and am using the most up-to-date version, but still the same problem.

(https://i.postimg.cc/R0d9zBbv/Strip-1.jpg)
Title: Re: [1740] A problem with how the "file information" option displays in AIMP
Post by: Artem on August 21, 2026, 13:33:05
Thanks, I'll fix the issue in September's update.
Title: Re: [x] [1740] A problem with how the "file information" option displays in AIMP
Post by: bx0zkMGiSxfaVyBkZBSx on August 23, 2026, 20:59:07
That's great. I will look out for it.

I updated the app before making my post and saw that you had introduced a new feature that highlights the currently playing track. That's very helpful to me. Some of the podcasts I listen to are not numbered and I can lose track of where I am. I used to look at the playlength to work out which was which.

Boss stuff!
Title: Re: [x] [1740] A problem with how the "file information" option displays in AIMP
Post by: Artem on August 24, 2026, 09:40:40
That's great. I will look out for it.

I updated the app before making my post and saw that you had introduced a new feature that highlights the currently playing track. That's very helpful to me. Some of the podcasts I listen to are not numbered and I can lose track of where I am. I used to look at the playlength to work out which was which.

Boss stuff!

Despite the fact that a highlight feature has appeared in the music library, the playlist still controls playback. Accordingly, the playback order may not match what you see in the music library.